Friday 5 November 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Christmas

For my last card this week it just has to be a fun fold.Now I know that I can hear a lot of you saying that they are not fun! I do understand why you would say that but when you actually sit down with a piece of paper (I use printer paper to make mine initially) and play, they really are fun to see them develop. Today's card I used the Snowbody Better stamp set again. The stamp set has a really lovely, fun, large image on and all the time that I was colouring it in, I was grinning of all things! 

I used half a sheet of A4 in the dark blue of Night of Navy, cut in half at 14.85cm by 21cm (that's the width of A4 card in the UK). Across the long edge, I scored at 4cm on one side and 6.5cm from the other side. In Imperial it was 1,7/8" from the left hand side and 2,1/2" from the right hand edge of the card. I then reinforced the folds using a bone folder, (a plastic tool like a butter knife which is used like you are spreading butter but instead you are forcing the fold down). I used some of the retired Champagne Foiled paper for the mats on the fronts of my card and embossed them with the leaf folder from the Wintry embossing Folder twin set. Each of the mats is either 0.5cm smaller than the basic mat or 1/4" smaller or whichever measurements you use. I love to see the borders of the lower layers beneath the front of the cards.

From here I then made another card base. This time it was in Basic White card. it is 18cm by 10cm or in Imperial it is 7" by 4" I then folded that in half at 9cm or 3,1/2".

 

The card was then stamped with my main image, the group of snowmen. Once completed, I added the card onto a mat of the dark blue of Night of Navy and then a mat of the Champagne Foiled card. It was then added to the left-hand front of the main card base. 


 

I then cut a mat for the inside. I stamped a few sentiments and the birds which then completed the card.


 

I coloured my snowmen using my Stampin' Blends pens but you can colour with whatever colouring tools you have, I just love my Blends.



 

So this was my fun fold for today, I do hope that you did have fun like I did. :)

 

Thank you again for joining me this week, I really do hope that you have found some ideas to inspire you to make your own cards.
If you should ever have any questions about any of Cary or my projects, we will be happy to answer them for you. Please email Gill at gill21moore@blueyonder.co.uk or Cary at carybuckham@gmail.com
No question is ever a silly question.
If you live in the UK and don't have a demonstrator, please shop with us whether online in the SHOP or directly to us, we would love to help you. 
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, we would love it if you would JOIN us and our amazing, fun loving, amazingly diverse team. It will be great to hear from you either way.
 
Once again, thank you for joining me until I return Cary will be here to share her creations with you. Please take care, stay safe and well but most of all KEEP ON CRAFTING xxx
xx😍x😍x😍xx

 


No comments:

Post a Comment