Wednesday 3 November 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Christmas

For my 3rd day of Christmas cards I have used the beautiful set of Poinsettia Petals stamp set. They first came out in last year's catalogue and they are as lovely today as they were then. Today's card is what Cary calls a Book bind fold I believe. It's a very simple fold in that using a piece of card, I used Cherry Cobbler for mine, 14.85cm high by the long length of a piece of A4 which in the UK is 29.7cm long. It's then folded in haf, at 14.85cm and then another score line is made 2cm from that fold from top to bottom on the front of the card. I added some of the gorgeous papers from Whimsy and Wonder papers. The main front of the card and a narrower strip on the 'book fold' on the card. 

I added a strip of white crinkled seam binding ribbon to the book edge and on a separate piece of white card once I had embossed it with the Snowflakes folder from the Wintry embossing folders set. I then stamped onto a scrap of white using Shaded Spruce ink and the little berry fronds several times. Then using the poinsettia flowers, I stamped them several times in Smoky Slate ink and started to water-colour them lightly using a very little ink and lots of water droplets from a block in very light Melon Mambo. Once they were dry, I went over the stems of the flowers in Melon Mambo, water-colour pencil to give more definition.



 
 
I then fussy cut them all out! Yes, even the berries! I used Multipurpose glue (Tombow) for the stems and Dimensionals to separate the flowers. After the whole lot was dry, I added a few drops of the Shimmery Crystal Effects in a few places.  simple Merry Christmas on the front and another flower inside along with the sentiment, to complete this card.
 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card. I have been wanting to make that type of card but didn't know what it was called. Love the ribbon.
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 have fun creating 🙂

      Delete