Tuesday 14 December 2021

Tips, Tricks, Techniques Tuesday - Special cards

 Hello and thank you for joining me again. I'm so sorry for not being able to show you any cards yesterday but as Cary explained, the dentist treatment I went through was rather bad! I will be ok as it was only the dentist  but when you are left with bruises... It makes you wonder why we go to them! 😬 Anyway, this week I will be cheating a little as these were cards that I made for our recent C5 all day class. I used the stamp set called Bright Baubles along with the matching dies which are called Delicate Baubles. A really lovely set of baubles they are too. 

Now as I said all of the cards are twice the size of the normal sizes that we do and these will be going to my special friends and family members. My first card is very straightforward. I folded a piece of A4 card in half to give my C5 cards base. I then cut a piece of the dark grey paper from the Peaceful Place, Designer Series Papers. The one side of all the papers have a silver effect on them. They are stunning. No colours, just black, white, grey and silver. Perfect. 

I cut a mat of green foiled card and embossed a piece of white card with the Merry Melody embossing folder. I matted the foil and white card together and die cut some of the baubles out too. I threaded some of the Pool Party Sheer ribbon through the holes at the top and then added a few small pieces of double sided foam (Dimensionals) behind the baubles Before the ribbons were fixed behind the white and green mats.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment