Monday 6 December 2021

Make it Simple Monday In The Moment

 Here at 2 Big Girls Crafting we are lucky enough to get our hands on products from the upcoming January to June mini catalogue and Sale-A-Bration catalogue from Stampin' Up! early and boy are we happy!! The stamps I've chosen to play with for this week are called In the Moment.  They won't be available to buy until January but the catalogues are available to drool over if  you'd like one and live in the UK please comment below we'd love to get one to you πŸ˜€

Any way what I'm sharing with you today features all the stamps in the set and a super simple fun #simplestamping technique.  There are 3 images and 3 sentiments in the set. I  love the sentiments particularly the ones that relate to mindfulness and self care. 

I believe that creativity is a fantastic  tool to help our mental health. The act of creating something is good for our sense of self worth as well as enabling our minds to take a break from everything.  Mindfulness is so important to everyone. 

Anyway lets get to the projects πŸ€ͺ  The technique is a very simple direct to paper ink one that recently I saw a fellow crafter call "swinking" 🀣 I loved the name it's made up from swiping and ink and describes how it works beautifully 😁

To start you'll need a coloured ink pad and your card base and some scrap paper. You then take the ink pad and swipe it down the  card... yes it's  that simple!

I  had so much fun I made 3 different colour backgrounds for today's inspiration as there are 3 images in the stamp set! All I did to comple the cards was stamp an image and sentiment on each and voila....

In the moment stampin up simple stamping easy single layer card

I love the effect this background tequnique gives to these super #simplestamping cards 
The colours I've  used are Pool Party a lovely light turquoise ...
In the moment stampin up simple stamping easy card making
So Saffron an gentle yellow....
In the moment stampin up simple stamping easy card making single layer



And finally Highland Heather a beautiful pale purple..

In the moment stampin up simple stamping easy single layer card

If you'd like to see a demonstration of the swinking technique then please join me, Cary,  at 4pm GMT over on our Facebook page for a Facebook live πŸ˜€

  Here's the link to the video https://youtu.be/TD7tf8VfCN8



2 comments: