Wednesday 8 December 2021

Watercolour Wednesday In the Moment

 And now for something a little bit different.... After a very subtle colour palette for the start of the week I'm  going bold for middle!! Todays inspiration is also a little different as I've  made 3 note books as well as a card all using the In the Moment stamp set.

The projects started life as some rather wet and messy watercolour playtime. I used fluid 100 watercolour paper, lots of water and 3 coloured ink pads.

I spritzed the watercolour paper with plenty of water then dabbed the ink pads along one edge . Then I spritzed the ink areas with more water to make puddles of colour. 

I took my heat tool and dried the paper before doing the same again. This time the puddles ran down the paper and created a lyered effect which is really rather pleasing. 

Watercolour puddles backgrounds

The colours I've used are a bright green called granny apple green,  a bold orange called mango melody and an almost neon pink called magenta madness. I love how the colours have blended together at some points. How the different layers of colour show through.

Watercolour puddles technique

I loved the backgrounds so much I really didn't want to cut them up to much. So I thought I'd cover a note book or 3!

The first is an A5 sketch book. I've  chosen to use basic black to really make the colours pop. The sentiment is from the In the Moment stamp set and the stars are from a set called Stitched Stars dies. The cute hexagon matte dots are super cool.

Watercolour puddle decorated notebook

The frayed  white ribbon is from the upcoming January to June mini catalogue.  It can also be cut down as it's  quite wide which is what I've done for one of the smaller note pads.

Watercolour puddle covered notebook

I stamped the sentiment ditectly onto the background for this notebook.  To ensure it was crisp I used a Stamparatus.  This is a stamp positioning tool that is invaluable when stamping onto a textured surface such as watercolour paper. 

For my next notebook I used a die cut and a simple sentiment stamped in black onto white cardstock. 

Watercolour puddles technique covered notebook

I just love these bright and bold projects. When I saw the strips of background paper that I'd  trimmed off to make the notebooks they just cried out use me!! So I did!

 I made a coordinating card using the scraps and a fabulous new 3d embossing fold . The folder is one of two in a duo pack called splashes and stripes. I love them both but just used the stupes one.

Watercolour puddles technique bright and bold card

Wow that was a lot of projects for one day but boy did I have fun making them! I'm sure there must be a proper name for the watercolour technique that I've  used but I'm  callingbit watercolour puddles because the child within me still loves to jump in puddles and a bright colourful one would be heavenly 😀 

I hope you like them as much as I do and will maybe have a play at creating your own!

Watercolour puddles technique covered notebooks and card


No comments:

Post a Comment