Tuesday 7 December 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday In the Moment

 Today's post is a short one as it's  getting rather busy here at 2 Big Girls Crafting. We are getting ready for our annual Christmas party 🥳.  We host an event every year for customers, crafty friends and our Larger Than Life Stampers community and this year it takes place on Saturday! So we're  busy busy busy!!! Fortunately I had some extra backgrounds left from Yesterday's post .

That is a great tip to keep in mind when making backgrounds... make extras for a rainy day! Or in other words a day when you're short on time or inspiration 😉

The technique that I've  used is one that takes a little time and patience but worthwhile in my opinion.  I stamped the image 3 times on to cardstock and coloured them in. I then cut them out making the area cut smaller each time. This technique is called decoupage and has a very long history. Making your own decoupage is a great way to extend the use of your stamps.

Once the layers were cut out I stamped the image directly onto the background panel. I then used 3d foam to adhere the layers on top of each other.

I then stamped a sentiment from the In the Moment set. I then cut it apart and adhered it onto the panel.

A few of the most beautiful new iridescent rhinestones from the upcoming January to June mini catalogue and my card was complete.

In the moment stampin up swinked backgrounds decoupage card

I love the versatility of these stamps. The layers give it so much dimension. 

In the moment stampin up swinking technique backgrounds and decoupage card

The gems are absolutely gorgeous 😍 They really capture the colours around them and reflect them so beautifully. The photo doesn't really do them justice sadly 😕 

Iridescent rhinestones Stampin up

So that's  it for today I'm  off to post more kits for Saturday's event. I hope you have a good day and see you back here tomorrow for more inspiration using the beautiful In the Moment stamps.

In the moment stampin up simple backgrounds decoupage card


4 comments:

  1. Did you use a Brayer for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a Brayer for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use a Brayer for the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula No I didn't use a brayer. It's a direct to paper ink technique I call swinking if you click the blue link to the previous day's post you'll see hiw its achived 😊

      Delete