Friday 3 December 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Whimsical Trees

For my last card this week I have made a very simple gatefold card using the Whimsical Trees stamp set. I took a piece of Misty Moonlight card 14.85cm by 21cm and scored at 5.25cm from each of the short sides of the card. Then I fold both of the outer edges in to meet each other and then using a bone folder or some other such tool, I burnished the scored edges. I added a piece of Balmy Blue card which has been embossed with the Bricks embossing folder and added them to the card front. Then I added the 2 narrow strips of DSP from the Whimsy and Wonder papers (which sadly are not currently available) down the front of the whole card. 

Using the Dies called Christmas Trees, I die cut 2 trees from Misty Moonlight card and 2 trees from the DSP. I removed the centre pieces and replaced them with the opposite pieces from the each set of die cuts. In this one, the trees are in a silver stripe from the Designer Series Paper or DSP and the centres are from the card. I made 2 further cards in the reverse so they will not be wasted at all.

A simple JOY for the centre message which was stamped onto a small die cut rectangle and adhered to one side only. A few trees stamped on the inside and another message completes my last card for this week. 



 
 Below is the 2 cards that I made in the opposite images. This time the trees are die cut in Misty Moonlight card and the inside pieces are from the tree die cuts from the DSP. 
Crafters just don't waste ANYTHING! 😄


That's it from me this week, thank you for stopping by and looking at what I have made. 

Until I return in a week, Cary will entertain you with her creations. 

Take care, Keep well and Stay safe please but most of all...

😄  KEEP ON CRAFTING.  😄


No comments:

Post a Comment