Friday 15 April 2022

Fun fold Friday Easter Friends

 Happy Good Friday everyone and may you have a lovely weekend. For my final card of my Easter Friends stamp week I have a fun fold featuring the happy duckling again.  I have to say I think he's my favourite out of the set 😉 which is yours?

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

The card starts out as a piece of cardstock measuring 29.7cm x 10.5cm.  That you score at 5cm and 14.85cm.  You then mark the center of the short side nearest the 5cm score line. Now score between the center point and the 5cm score line diagonally on both sides as per the photo below.

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

Fold the score lines and burnish them all. The 14.85cm line is the center fold of the card. Then fold the top and bottom triangles to the 5cm scoreline to create a point. The triangles will lie on the front of the card.

Next you'll need a piece of cardstock measuring 7.5cm x 7.5cm in the same colour as your card base. Attached the square to the 2 triangle flaps lining the points up to the scoreline and the open edge of the card.

Then all that's left is to decorate!

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

I chose to use the same pattern paper on the inside as well as the front of my card so that when closed it looks like one piece.

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

The fun comes when it's open and the diamond panel can float.

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

To  decorate the inside I die cut a cute frame in 2 sizes. 1in the same colour as the card base and 1 in white. I stamped a sentiment on the white the die cut a few flowers and leaves and added them to the sentiment piece. Then I placed the white layer onto the colour layer and adhered it to the center of the inside of the card. 

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

I placed a simple white mat onto a coloured one as tha space to write your message on the opposite side.

For the front I embossed a panel of white and put it onto a slightly bigger white mat. Then adhered both to the colour diamond. Then I stamped and fussy cut out my cute duckling and used 3d foam to adhere him to the panels.

A simple sentiment for the front and I was done . I  love how this card turned out. The bright happy colours and the ohhh so cute duckling are just perfect together. 

Easter Friends stampin up fun fold card

Well that's all folks... and if you know where that phrase comes from you must be as old as me 🤣🤣🤣!! Well it's  all there is from me for this week that is.

Please join me next week in seeing what inspiration Gill will be sharing with us all here.

Have a lovely Easter weekend and I hope you get some time to craft.

Have fun

Cary xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment