Tuesday 26 April 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Celebrate Sunflowers

 We all know that sometimes good things have to come to and end. For me one of the sad things about a new annual catalogue is that not everything carries over. One such product this time is the chalk marker. I used this for many things so what am I going to do ? As I sat looking at the Celebrate Sunflowers stamps my mind thinking about the loss of a fav tool I decided I just had to find an alternative way to do one of my favourite techniques. 

In days gone by this technique would be achieved by  stamping onto darker coloured cardstock and then colouring in with the chalk pen.

So this time I thought what could I use instead 🤔  So I chose a piece of basic grey cardstock and stamped randomly all over using the same colour ink as cardstock.  

Next I took out my trusty Blender pens and a White ink pad . I then dabbed ink onto an acrylic block,  you can of course use a silicon mat or a cello bag. Next I used the blender pen to collect some of the white ink and used it to colour the flower tips and leaves.

I'm  really happy with the way it turned out. I think the effect is just right and just as easy as my old friend the chalk marker.

Celebrate Sunflowers stampin up white ink technique card

The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto basic grey cardstock then moynted onto white .
Don't forget to clean your block with a good wash as the ink stays wet for quite a while and you don't want to make a mess with your arm going in it by accident... say's  the voicenof experience 😉. 

Celebrate Sunflowers stampin up white ink  colouring technique

I'd  definitely be  happy to use this way going forward.

Celebrate Sunflowers stampin up white ink colouring technique


No comments:

Post a Comment