Wednesday 6 April 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Love of Leaves

Hello for this lovely to be a very wet Wednesday! Very apt really as this is Watercolour Wednesday! My card this week is another very simple card. Not true to watercolouring in the normal sense but still lots of water was involved! Using the largest leaf (I think it is supposed to be a Field Maple) from Love of Leaves stamp set, today I inked up the stamp in lots of ink and then using my spritzer, soaked it with water. Once done, I stamped it straight onto the white mat that I had beside my work. Now I hadn't planned on the next thing that happened but I'm so pleased it did. As I spritzed the stamp with the ink on, the ink sprayed onto the white mat! I repeated the inking and spritzing with all of the colours.

I used, Pacific Point (bright blue), Gorgeous Grape (strong purple), Melon Mambo (bright pink), Granny Apple Green (bright green) and Mango Melody (bright yellowish/orange). I wouldn't normally put all of those bright colours together but it just seemed the right thing to do for this card. The spritzing of the colour all over the card I'm really pleased with as it turned out, lucky me! 😀

It took a while to dry so I went away for about an hour and when I came back I loved the way the lines of colour had spread over the sides of the images and how the spots really look so cool! I love it! Ok, so once it was dry, I decided to chop it into rectangles or gutted the mat several times. By cutting the inside at 1.5cm inside the outer edges I was left with a frame. I continued to do this twice more and the last one was just left as it is. Adding these rectangle frames onto a piece of the bright coloured card and trimmed all round before mounting each layer using Dimensionals or foam adhesive shapes. Another simple sentiment inside and out by colouring each of the letters using a Stampin' Write Marker pen in the exact colours.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment