Friday 22 April 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Whale Done

For my last card this week using Whale Done stamp set I have used a style of card that I love to make. It's an arrow fold card within a square card base. I started by cutting a piece of Night of Navy A4 card lengthways to 14.85cm by the full length of 29.7cm. I then scored it in half at 14.85cm. That has now given me a 6" by 6" card base. I took another piece of card, Basic White this time and cut it at 14.4cm by 16cm then scored it at 14.4cm. That gave me another square of card.
I marked the centre lowest edge at 7.2cm with a pencil and along both sides at 5cm and 10cm. Using my trimmer and score tool, I lined up the centre mark with the top scored corners and then scored between them both. see picture 2 for the diagram. The fold at the top will be concealed behind another white mat of 14.4cm by 14.4cm when it is adhered to the card base. 
 
 
For the paper to coordinate on this card I used some pieces from The New Horizons Designer Series Papers. Most of what you see above is the image on the paper itself. I have added a few plants, fish and birds as well as the 2 whales to the paper. The sentiment is from Peaceful Sayings stamp set. 
 
As you look to the side, you can see the inner flap of the Arrow Fold card which will show more interest to the recipient.
 
 
I would often decorate the upper triangle on the card too to add another feature to it. 
Well, that's it from me for this week. Cary will be back again next Monday with some more of her creations to inspire you. 
Until I get back, 
STAY SAFE, BE WELL but most of all 
KEEP ON CRAFTING.
xxx Gill xxx

2 comments: