Tuesday 12 April 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Easter Friends

 This week I thought I'd share a card featuring the fun Easter Friends stamps and a technique that I think is a hreat one to have in your skill set. Called maskingbit can be used in sooooo many ways but for today's  project I have used it to create an image behind another.

To start I stamped the large floral image from a set called Blessings of Home to one side of my white mat. I  then stamped the same part onto a sticky note. Then I fussy cut the image on the sticky note.

Blessings of home stampin up masking technique card
 
Once I'd cut the sticky note mask out I covered the  stamped image.  Then stamped the other side of my mat. 

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique card

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique birthday card

Because I'd masked the already stamped part I was able to go slightly over the first image to have a more soiled look.
Next I cut another mask as before to cover the image.

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique birthday card

Now I took the bunny stamp and stamped her above and over the flowers. 

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique birthday card
 
The sticky note masks protected the flowers and once removed the make the bunny appear to be sat behind the flowers.

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique birthday card

I think this is a real wow effect. It opens up all sortes of possibilities once you have mastered it. One tip for this type of masking I'd like to share is to cut on the stamped line or slightly into the edge. This means that when you stamp over it there is less chance of there being any blank space.

Now the fun part the colouring in! I used a soft spring colour palette and used my alcohol markers. 

Once coloured I saw a piece of pattern paper on my work area. This pretty paper was just the right size!! It was ment to be!!

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique birthday card

A simple sentiment and a twine bow and I was done.

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique birthday card

I love the pretty card. I love how these cute stamps may be from an Easter stamp set but can be used for so many other occasions.


No comments:

Post a Comment