Wednesday 13 April 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Easter Friends

 Today's card is a super fun card using the super cute duckling in the Easter Friends stamp set.  This little cutie just jumped of the page at me as a splashing dancing duckie.

So with that in mind I wondered how I was going to create a pond for my ducklings to splash in. So I used the masking technique from Yesterday's post to start with.

So I stamped the duckling 3 times all at jaunty angles onto a mat of white cardstock. I used a bright yellow called daffodil delight that always makes me smile.

I then stamped and fussy cut out 3 of the ducks out of sticky notes. Next I placed them over top of my stamped images.

Next I took a cellophane bag, a water spritzer and a waterbased marker. The marker was in a great shade of blue called balmy blue.

I used the marker to scribble onto the cello bag. Next I spritzed it with water and flipped it over quickly onto the ducks feet area. I whipped the cello off and admired my pond.

I repeated the process to add a little more water and then quickly removed the masks. I then left the piece to dry whilst I made made my card base and decided what sentiment I was going to use.

Easter Friends stampin up masking technique watercolour card

I love how this card turned out. The bright spring like colours and the cute image just make me smile.


A quick and easy card that would work well for almost occasions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment