Thursday 28 April 2022

Throwback Thursday Celebrate Sunflowers

 Happy Throwback Thursday 🙂 Today I'm sharing a card that features a technique that I haven't used in ages. I'm not sure what it's really called but it uses ink and sponge daubers direct to the stamp. I thought it would be a great way to add colour to the large sunflower in the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set with out colouring it in.

It's  a very simple technique.  I took 3 ink colours. A yellow, an orange and a grey and a dauber for the grey and orange.

I then inked the stamp up in the yellow ink and took a small piece of kitchen paper and dabbed the ink off in the center.

Next I added orange ink to the dauber and dabbed it around the bottom of the petals. I used the grey ink and dauber to add ink to the very center of the flower.

Once it was all inked up I stamped it centrally onto a piece of white cardstock measuring 12cm x 10cm.  Now the hard part cutting it up!!

First I cut 4.5cm off from the bottom and popped it to one side. Then I took the remaining 12cm x 5.5cm piece and cut it in to 3 pieces. Each piece now measures 4cm x 5.5cm.

I then mounted the 3 pieces onto a piece of grey cardstock measuring 6cm x 12.75cm. I left nice equal boarders all around.

To finish the front I matted a white layer onto a grey one and stamped the sentiment onto the bottom right side. I then used 3d foam to adhere this layer onto the card base 

I used 3d foam to mount the flower onto the card as well. This card has a clean and elegant look that can take the dimension that 3d foam offers.

Celebrate Sunflowers stampin up clean and elegant card

I then took the smaller panel and trimmed the width to 9.5cm. Next I mounted it onto a piece of grey cardstock measuring 5cm x 10cm. I then created a white mat measuring 9.5cm x 13.85cm and placed it onto a mat of grey cardstock measuring 10cm x 14.4cm. I adhered this to the inside of my card and the placed the stamped layer onto the right hand side so that the grey edges lined up.

Celebrate Sunflowers stampin up sponge dauber inked clean and elegant card

I am really pleased with this clean and elegant card. I have used more subtle colours for my flower but I can see it being done with bright and bold tones to create a real burst of colour!

Celebrate Sunflowers stampin up clean and elegant card


2 comments: