Wednesday 20 April 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Whale Done

Hello on this cool watercolour Wednesday. Today's card is obviously a watercolour card which took a wee while as there was lots to colour in. I started by colouring the water. My preferred way is to pick up ink with a clear block and then adding a few drops of water to it. I started with Coastal Cabana ink and once I had washed the water into the ink, I used a large water brush and picked up some ink and brushed it several times across the lower half of the card. Once it was well covered and dry, I stamped the fish from Whale Done across the water and then inked the mountains stamp from Mountain Air in Smoky Slate (light gray) ink and stamped it above the water level but I left a small gap between the 2 levels for a grassy area. 

I continued to add ink in different colours across the sky, mountains, grass and beach. I stamped the reverse of the mountain stamp onto the water in a light Smoky Slate ink. Some birds, a small boat and a few shadows later with a few ripples on the water and the card is completed.






No comments:

Post a Comment