Monday 4 April 2022

Make It Simple Monday - Love of Leaves

 Well!!! This last 2 weeks has been a real whirlwind and I think I am just beginning to come back down to earth again! Last Monday was a milestone birthday for me but the Saturday and Sunday before was our annual Retreat for the 1st time since the Covid pandemic hit us all. Unknown to me, on the Saturday evening everyone had got together and arranged a surprise birthday party for me too! So having had a break after such a busy time, this week I am pushing myself to use a stamp set that I love but have never used. AT ALL!! Love of Leaves has a coordinating set of dies which are called Stitched Leaves Dies. These are what I am working with this week. 

There are 5 different leaf stamps in the set along with a number of sentiments. Using only the one leaf stamp, I stamped into the centre of a white mat with Granny Apple Green Ink Pad. I stamped another leaf onto a post it note and cut around it. If you place another of the images over the first image, it will protect the first one and show the rest to the sides. I did this 4 times and got the leaves all together. 

If I use the same colour as I have in the white on white, I like to show the edge of the mat with the matching ink pad. Just by stepping the edges onto the pad and picking up a smidge of ink all the way around makes it pop on the card. A simple Thank You on a small scrap of white card and then it was fixed to the card front to complete this one. 






1 comment: