Friday 6 May 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Happiness Abounds

Friday already! Wow! That has come around quickly hasn't it? Cary and I have had some fantastic news this week. We have been added to the Making Cards and Papercraft Magazine as a Blog to watch!That's fantastic isn't it? Well, we think so! We are extremely delighted! My last card this week is with another of the new stamp sets and products from the BRAND NEW Stampin' Up! catalogue which was released on 3rd of May, this week. Using today the Happiness Abounds stamp set I've made this really fun fold! It started as a simple gate-fold card and I've just added a few doors to it! The typeset or font of the sentiments is beautiful. I do like a really good font! I started by choosing the card base colour of Fresh Freesia. It's a really lovely pinkish, shade of lilac. This is one of the In Colours for 1 more year before it will be replaced with new colours. 

I took a piece of A4 card and cut it at 14.85cm high by 29.7cm wide. Then scored from each end at 9.9cm, then just under 4.5cm on the 2 outer panels. I burnished the folds really well and cut 2 mats in the Fresh Freesia card of 9.9cm by 14.85cm. I cut 2 white mats 9.5cm by 14.4cm and instead of embossing, this time I used the Stitched Greenery die. It pierces little pin holes in the leaf pattern all over the card. It gives a beautiful background. Add each of the extra panels to each side of the card base on the external panels. 

I cut 2 types of DSP in the Hue of Happiness DSP which matches the stamp set. 2 pieces of each design both 4.5cm by 13.85cm. I had some spare, white, Stitched Greenery mats that I cut down to fit onto the DSP and adhered them to the DSP strips and then onto the inside panels of the card.  I used another piece of DSP to cut out the flowers from. The dies also fit most of the flowers so if you have or buy the dies, you'll be able to save time on fussy-cutting. It was then down to the decorating of my card. I curled the flowers at the outer edges and fixed them by using Dimensionals or foam shapes. I also added the flowers from the edges of the paper and glued them to the edges of the mats too. Waste not, want not! A few sentiments and the card was complete.







Thank you for stopping by this week. I hope you've had some ideas for cards of your own. 

Cary will be back on Monday to share her creations. 

Until I return, TAKE CARE, STAY WELL and KEEP ON CRAFTING!!!

Thank you once again,

😍 xxx Gill xxx 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment