Thursday 26 May 2022

Throwback Thursday Sending Smiles

 So far this week I've  shared projects with  bright bold colour palettes. Which is very much in my wheelhouse 😉 But for today's inspiration using the delightful Sending Smiles stamps and coordinating dies I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone.

So how did I do that? By using a softer gentler colour palette!. I decided that for today's card I'd use a soft green, a gentle gray, a deep yellow and a darker shade of purple. 

Whilst discovering the colour combo I decided that the perfect sentiment for my card would be the comfort and strength one. I wanted the sentiment to be part of the background rather than up front and center.

I love to create blended backgrounds so I blended a swathe of the green across the mat and the card base it's self. I then splattered the same green across as well.

I decided to stamp the sentiment using along the blended area in grey.  I stamped in a staggered way to cover the mat.

Next I stamped and die cut some flowers and leaf . I used them to create a posy and added it over the blended and stamped area.

Sending Smiles stampin up subtle colour palette card

I have to say that this card has a very soft and gentle feel to it that I find very appealing.  

Sending Smiles stampin up gentle subtle soft card

I think this would make the perfect card for that most hardest of occasions. It also proves how versatile the Sending Smiles bundle can be.

Sending Smiles stampin up soft subtle card


2 comments:

  1. This would be a lovely sympathy card. It is so gentle and soft.

    ReplyDelete