Friday 13 May 2022

Fun fold Friday Let's Set Sail

 Now I love a fun fold as much as anyone! But sometimes you just don't have time to get creative and spend lots of brain power creating engineering wonders in cardstock. So for today's fun fold I thought I'd keep it simple! I knew I wanted to use the Builder sailboat punch and to show some of the fantastic 2022-24 In-Color pattern paper.

Lets set sail stampin up 2022 In-Color pattern paper simple fun fold card


I used basic thick white cardstock for the card base . Take a piece measuring 14.85cm x 21cm ( 8" x 6") Then score from both ends at 5cm and 7.5cm along the long side ( 2" and 3"). This is all the scoring and cutting you need to do for the card base! See I told you it was simple! 😁

Now to fold your card you need to reinforce your folds by burnishing them with a bone folder, or your nail 😉. The first fold is a valley fold and the second is a mountain. Repeat from the other side. This creates a card that will stand and still fold flat.

Lets set sail stampin up simple fun fold card


I then chose my pattern paper.  I decided that the Tahitian Tide check and spot papers were the ones for me. I cut 2 panels measuring 14.4cm x 4.5cm ( 5 3/4" x 1 3/4") and one at 14.4cm x 5cm ( 5 3/4" x 2").

 

Lets set sail stampin up simple fun fold card


I then punched 3 sailboats out of white cardstock and adhered them using 3d foam to the center panel. 

I then stamped my sentiment out using Starry Sky ink and cut it into single words. I then mounted them onto Tahitian Tide cardstock.  I adhered the words to the out side panels flat.

Lets set sail stampin up simple fun fold card

Lets set sail stampin up simple fun fold card

I love the clean lines and monotone colour palette of this card. It really looks great. It would work wonderfully in any of the 2022-24 In-Colors for sure. What colour would you chose to use?

Well that's it from me this week thank you for joining me. I do hope I've inspired you to get crafting.

Please join me here next week to see what Gill has in store for us as she shares her inspiration. 

Have fun

Cary x

Lets set sail stampin up simple fun fold card



No comments:

Post a Comment