Wednesday 25 May 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Sending Smiles

 I don't oftern use watercolour paper for my watercolour projects. Why I'm not to sure but for whatever reason I did reach for it for today's card! I am using the gorgeous Sending Smiles bundle all week and had no idea how to incorporate watercolour in my inspiration.  So I started with a simple watercolour wash in pale blue.

I used the flatter side of the watercolour paper because I suddenly had an idea to use some of the fab sentiments in the stamp set as the stems for flowers. 

The stamp set is a photopolymer  so manipulating the stamps to create curves was easy! Once the background was perfectly dry I used an anti static bag before stamping the sentiments in versamark.  I then heat embossed them with black powder.

Putting that piece to one side I went to work on the flowers. I created a watercolour background using pink, yellow  and lilac ink.

Next I decided to heat emboss the flowers in clear embossing powder so the colour show through.  I  then die cut several. 

Sending Smiles stampin up watercolour backgrounds

Here is a close up how the embossing adds a subtle shine to the finished flowers.

Sending Smiles stampin up watercolour card

 The all that was left was to pop the card together add a few iridescent rhinestones for a little extra sparkle.

Sending Smiles stampin up watercolour card

I  think this card turned out really well. I love the way that the sentiments become part of the image .

Sending Smiles stampin up watercolour bright bold card

The colours make me smile and the sentiments from this stamp set are just so versatile. 

Sending Smiles stampin up watercolour card

All in all a happy card that's sure to make the recipient smile 😃 

No comments:

Post a Comment