Tuesday 24 May 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Sending Smiles

 Hello and welcome to our blog 😃 if it's your first time we post 5 days a week with inspiration using Stampin' Up! Products. We share lots of tips, techniques old and new and lots of how to's. Today I'm sharing a technique for  fun backgrounds. I have used the a stamp set and coordinating dies called Sending Smiles.  

The technique is to take a commonly found household item and use it with ink to cardstock to create beautiful unique backgrounds. The cards started life once I had held my regular #makeitsimplemonday Facebook live. I loved what I did so much I had to make more!!


The technique is called bubble wrap printing. All you need is ink, cardstock and a piece of bubble wrap!

For my cards that I'm sharing today I played with gorgeous bright colours and had great fun!.

The first card is in shades of blues and lilac from the 2022-24 In-Colors.  Called Starry sky, orchid oasis and Tahitian tide.

Sending Smiles stampin up fun bubble wrap printing technique for bright cards

The second card is also using the 2022-24 In-Colors but this time I've introduced my absolute favourite parakeet party with the orchid oasis and Tahitian tide colours.

Sending Smiles stampin up simple bubble wrap printing technique bright cards

For my third and final card I decided to go with one of my all time favourite colour combinations. Bright pink, sunny orange and bold purple. The colours have great names melon mambo (pink) , mango melody (orange) and gorgeous grape ( purple)!!

Sending Smiles stampin up simple fun backgrounds bubble wrap printing technique

To complete the cards all I used were the die cuts and sentiments from the Sending Smiles bundle and some of my oh so much loved iridescent rhinestones!!

These cards came together quickly and with no fuss and lots of smiles from me!

I do think that who ever receives one of these cards would be smiling when the open the envelope too!!!

Sending Smiles stampin up simple fun bubble wrap printing technique


No comments:

Post a Comment