Monday 23 May 2022

Make it simple Monday Sending Smiles

 Happy Monday 😊 This week I'm going to be sharing inspiration using a lovely new stamp set called Sending Smiles.

Sending Smiles stampin up simple stamping easy clean card making

 The set is available from the new annual catalogue from Stampin' Up! I sent a whole pile of them out this last weekend!! If you're in the UK, don't have a demonstrator already and would like a copy please send an email to Cary@2biggirlscrafting.co.uk and we'll get one sent out 😊

Any way back to the important stuff ..  the card! I particularly love the sentiments in this great set and wanted to make them key to the card.

I also wanted to keep the colours bright and sunny 🌞 because it is summer here after all πŸ˜‰.

As it's #makeitsimplemonday the inspiration is of course stamps, ink and paper.  I enjoy creating these projects even though they can prove to be tricky when you usually create with lots of elements!!!

Sending Smiles stampin up simple stamping easy clean card making

I really like the way the card is one layer yet because of the stamping has a layered look.

The layered look was easy to achieve as the stamps are made from photopolymer. This means that they are easy to see where your placing them.

Sending Smiles stampin up simple stamping easy card making

The flower parts and stems are all seperate stamps so the photopolymer is fab! There is one issue though.... here's my first card....

Sending Smiles stampin up simple stamping easy card making

Can you spot the mistake? πŸ˜… It wasn't until I showed it to my partner that I realised what I'd done wrong 🀣🀣🀣

Who knows maybe it's not so bad flowers come in all shapes and sizes after all.

Well if you'd like to see how easily the stamps layer then why not drop over to our Facebook page for my live this afternoon at 4pm BST.  

Here's the link to the recording of my live and a super fun way to use a common household item to create a fun background. 



Sending Smiles stampin up simple stamping easy clean card making


6 comments:

  1. Creative idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the stamp, the colours make all the difference. Maybe if you'd coloured your 'mistake' green you could've got away with it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🀣 good idea πŸ’‘ as you say colour makes all the difference πŸ˜‰

      Delete