Friday 10 June 2022

Fun fold Friday Happiness Abounds

 Happy Friday 😀 I hope you have a good weekend planned maybe with lots of crafting..... We sure do! We are hosting our first all day class in-person for such a long time!!! Our all day events are filled with crafting, laughter and scrumpy food.... just right for a day of me time!! While I'm caught up in getting ready for tomorrow's fun I wanted to make a fun, easy, fold to share with you today as it's the last day of inspiration using the Hues of Happiness collection.  

The fold I chose is a modified gatefold and very simple to achieve. It starts as a piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 21cm.  Scored at 5.25cm from each end of the long side.

Next you'll need 2 pieces of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 6cm and a piece measuring 6cm x 9cm.

Then all you need to do is fold the short sides in towards the center of the card to create the basic gatefold card. 

Next adhere patterned paper to the front side panels. Now take the 2 10.5cm x 6cm pieces of cardstock and adhere patterned paper to them. Then take one piece and position it across the front of the card. Make sure there is equal space for the second panel. Ahere the panel only on the right-hand side. Repeat with the second piece ensuring that you only adhere it to the left-hand side.

Now to add the fibal panel. Adhere patterned paper to the remaining piece. Then position it in the bottom left side of the bottom horizontal panel. Adhere it only at the bottom.

Now decorate as desired.  I kept it simple. I die cut some of the pretty roses from the patterned paper in the collection and added a stamped sentiment from the stamp set. 

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness fun fold modified gatefold card

The card opens .... 


....One step....

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness fun fold modified gatefold card

..... At a time...

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness fun fold modified gatefold card

.....To reveal the inside . Which I decorated. To give it impact I used more of the gorgeous patterned paper. And another of the great sentiments from the Happiness Abounds stamps.

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness fun fold modified gatefold card

I have had great fun using this amazing collection of products. I love how versatile they are.  From super simple to full on all can be achieved with the Hues of Happiness collection.

Well as they say in the cartoons of my childhood " that's all folk" .... well for this week anyway 😉 

Please join me here next week when Gill will be sharing the inspiration with us all.

Have fun

Cary xx

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness fun fold modified gatefold card


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Thank you for sharing. Hopefully I can create my version for a challenge.
    Love the papers you've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 have fun having a go 😃

      Delete