Tuesday 21 June 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Elephant Parade

 Sometimes the inspiration for a card comes from the stamps or pattern paper,  sometimes from a particular theme other times it can be as random as a scene from a film or the chorus from a song. The inspiration for todays card came from a little of many of the above. 😁 I love the new Elephant Parade stamp set and coordinating dies.  They are soo cute and for some reason my mind went to the Disney version of The Jungle Book and the elephant's parade song!.  

Elephant Parade stampin up bright fun card


The colour theme sprang from this weeks challenge on our Crafty challenges with 2 Big GirlsCrafting Facebook group.. Rainbows 🌈  and if you've been here before you'll know I do love a rainbow 😁

Elephant Parade stampin up fun masking technique card

I love how this card came together.  I used the new masking paper from the new annual catalogue from Stampin' Up! This paper is perfect for creating masks of your stamped images. 

First you stamp onto the white side and fussy cut it out. Next  take your anti static bag and swipe it across the cardstock.  This is a top tip as it helps ensure that the masking paper doesn't cause the cardstock to go furry when you remove the mask.

Now stamp your first image in to place on the cardstock. I  stamped my first elephant in red on the left hand side of my panel slightly of the edge.

I then covered the image with my mask reinked my stamp in orange and stamped it so that it comes over the top of the masked elephant. 

Now remove the mask and place it over the orange  elephant and stamp again in yellow... and so on and so on...

Elephant Parade stampin up masking technique card

Elephant Parade stampin up masking technique card

Elephant Parade stampin up masking technique card

I love to see how the images emerge behind each other as if by magic!

Once my troop of elephant's on parade we're stamped I gave the top and bottom edge of my card base a swipe of colour using sponge daubers. This gives a great effect when you don't have the colour cardstock to hand!.

I then coloured a scrap of card in the same way to use for the leaves and grass. I used the dies to cut the grass and leaves.  A cute  sentiment and my card was complete.

Elephant Parade stampin up masking technique card


No comments:

Post a Comment