Monday 6 June 2022

Make it simple Monday Happiness Abounds

 Wow what a great long weekend we've had here in the UK.  It was her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's platinum jubilee celebrations. There were amazing community events, national events, partys galore! My family and I held a family bbq and enjoyed some much needed family time.  What has all that to do with today's inspiration? The name of the stamp set that I've chosen to use for this weeks inspiration is called Happiness Abounds . I chose it because it purely because it's name expressed my time with my family!

Any way what are these Happiness Abounds stamps I hear you ask. Well here they are. 

Happiness Abounds stampin up simple stamping easy card making

And aren't they just gorgeous? I think they are a fantastic set for all . From those just starting out their stamping experience to those of us who have been stamping for a very long time! 

The stamps are photopolymer,  so clear, and you can layer them together beautifully.  There is a lovely mix of images, of various sizes, and sentiments. Just perfect for all occasions!

As today is #makeitsimplemonday that means that my inspiration is aimed at those just starting,  those who love the clean and simple style and those who wish to create quick cards 

For me #simplestamping starts with just stamps, ink and paper. And today I've also kept my colour palette monochromatic too!

All I have used is a white card base and black ink along with either a sticky note or a piece of copier paper. Nothing fancy and nothing tricky!

Happiness Abounds stampin up fun simple stamping easy card making

I placed my sticky note across the card base at an angle to create a covered strip. I then  stamped randomly above and below the strip to create a  beautiful floral pattern. 

I then removed the sticky note and stamped my sentiment in the  clear space that was revealed.


Happiness Abounds stampin up fun simple stamping easy card making

I love the sophisticated look of this simple card. The black and white look is so elegant. 
I'm  really pleased with the way it turned out.
I was so  happy with the end result that I decided to do it again but with a twist. I'll be sharing both the original and the stepped up version in my Facebook live this afternoon at 4.30pm BST. I'd  love to have you  join me just click here
For now here's a sneek peek.

Happiness Abounds stampin up fun simple stamping easy card making

If you can't join me live I'll post the link to the video here after .

Well that's all for today but there will be more inspiration using the stamps, dies and pattern paper that are part of this fantastic suite of products so please join me tomorrow to see more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment