Thursday 23 June 2022

Throwback Thursday Party Puffins

 For today's inspiration I thought I'd have a play with a stamp set that I fell in love with in last years annual catalogue which has carried over into this years catalogue. Called Party Puffins this cute fun set is great for children and those who are young at heart. 

Party Puffins stampin up fun cute birthday card

I paired it up with another carryover item from the last annual catalogue a die called Picture This 

Picture This dies Stampin up cute fun birthday card

So with these 2 familiar items I decided to pair them with the latest In-Colors.  I chose the gorgeous tahitian tide turquoise blue. I picked some of the pattern paper and a piece of the beautiful glimmer paper in the colour to use on my card.

My first job was to use the die and cut out the circle appatures from the glimmer paper. I them popped 3d foam behind it. 

Next I cut a piece of the pattern paper as a mat for my coloured  card base. I decided to of set it at a jaunty angle just because I could 😄 

Now with the pattern mat adhered I popped the glimmer paper in place. Then it was time to stamp, colour and fussy cut the puffins and other images. 

Once I had them cut out it was time to work out the placement. I wanted my images to be peeping out and have a sense of fun. 

I chose to stamp my sentiment and cut it up . This is a technique I use often as it allows the sentiment to flow.

Party Puffins stampin up cute fun birthday card

 I am really please with the way my mish mash of new and old came together. The glimmer paper really shimmers beautifully in real life. It has an ombre effect as well which makes it really pretty. The photo doesn't really do it justice. 

Part puffins stampin up birthday card

These little cuties deserved to have a fun inside too so here it is...

Party Puffins stampin up fun cute birthday card

I used some of the circles from the appatures and a scrap of pattern paper to decorate the inside. I then stamped a sentiment and adhered that with them.

Party Puffins stampin up fun cute birthday card

All in all this card turned our really well and would make any birthday a happier one. 

Party Puffins stampin up fun cute birthday card


No comments:

Post a Comment