Tuesday 7 June 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Happiness Abounds

 Summer is supposedly here but sadly the weather has been rather dismal and quite wet ๐Ÿ˜• not what you'd expect in June!! Saying that though my roses are going great guns!! So with that in mind I thought I'd share a card with you that is full of sparkle and roses. Now you know that the gorgeous Happiness Abounds stamps are fab but did you know there is an amazing pack of patterned paper that goes with them?

Called Hues of Happiness these stunning papers are just divine! One side is full of beautiful flowers, some of which you can die cut out! While the other is an amazing mix of textured colourful patterns. 

Hues of Happiness Stampin up ways to use your pattern paper

I have a hard time deciding which I like best I just love them all ๐Ÿคฉ

Now with such beautiful paper you wouldn't want to waste any so I thought I'd share a technique to make the most of those scraps.

Just as many people save broken china and glass to use to create mosaics I have used scraps of pattern paper to do the same! But my grout is a little special ๐Ÿ˜‰

I started of by taking a piece of double sided adhesive sheet and cut it to the size of the mat I wanted to create. I then adhered it to a piece of cardstock. 

Next it was time to cut up my strips of pattern paper into squares. For this project I decided to go regular in my shapes but there's no rule that say's you must!!

Next I placed the paper onto the adhesive leaving gaps all around. Now the fun part the grouting.  I used gold guilding flakes ! They adhere beautifully to the adhesive sheet ! 

With my background done I set about cutting some of the gorgeous flowers and leaves from the paper. I used these instead of stamping because I had some in the scraps with flowers I could fussy cut out!

A sentiment from the Happiness Abounds stamps and all I needed was some extra special embellishments. 

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness card using paper scraps

Do you like my extra special bling? I  created it to coordinate with the special grouting.  All you need are 3d foam and guilding flakes.  It's  a super simple trick to make the most of your stash. Just pop your 3d foam in place,  remove the cover then rub the guilding flakes over top!

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness use your scraps card

I don't think that anyone would think this card started life as scraps!!! 

Do you agree?

Happiness Abounds stampin up hues of Happiness using up your scraps  card


No comments:

Post a Comment