Wednesday 1 June 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Wisteria Wishes

Hello again on another wet Wednesday. Today's watercolour card using the Wisteria Wishes stamp set was easier than I thought it would be. I cut 2 white C6 mats and started with the green inks. I stamped each of the 4 blocks onto a green ink pads, added a drop or 2 of water and washed in a zigzag way across the paper. I used only the tip of the wide waterbrush to get the lines to show. Once I had used all 4 colours, I put it to the side to finish drying. The greens that I used were Granny Apple Green, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive and Evening Evergreen.

I then proceeded to do something similar with the purples. Starting with the lightest colour again I sort of stippled some colour across the C6 mat. I used only the tip of the brush and just touched the paper turning the brush in different directions each time. I think it looks more like a Wisteria because of the mixture of colours. The purples I used were Highland Heather, Fresh Freesia, Orchid Oasis and Gorgeous Grape.

Once dry, I die cut several of the leaves from the green and several of the individual flowers from the purples. I cut a few of the vine stalks using the brown of Soft Suede and added them to a blue mat which has been embossed using the retired Tasteful Textile embossing folder.




Above are the pictures with how I've made the papers for the flowers and the leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment