Friday 15 July 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Apple Harvest

It's my last day once again for this week and I have made a style of card that I don't often do . In fact I think I have only ever made 2 or 3 like this. It is a very simple fun fold too. Using the Apple Harvest stamp set, I stamped one of each of the apple stamps and one more single apple onto white card. I coloured them in using Blends pens after looking online at the many different types of apples available. I cut a mat of Granny Apple Green card 14.4cm by 10cm, embossed it with the Hive folder and added it to the front of the card base.

I cut another white mat 10cm by 28cm and scored at 7cm,14cm and 21cm. Using the new label punch called the Decorative Label, I placed it half way into the centre fold on the inner white card piece and cut out the aperture. I embossed the white mat from both ends using the Hive folder

I used my Stamparatus to stamp the apples out all in one go and removed the extra stamps leaving only the single one in place. Instead of a piece of white card, this time I added my silicone mat onto the platform and inked and stamped the image several times. Once I was happy with the image on the Silicone mat, I placed a scrap of white card carefully over it and stamped the apple again. This resulted in the apple being stamped on both sides of the white card. If I had only wanted 1 double sided image, this would have been perfect but I needed to adhere some ribbon or thread in the centre of 2 apple images. Before adding the ribbon, I coloured both sides using my Blends pens. Then, I cut a short length of the Simply Elegant Trim in Silver and taped it into the centre so that it would suspend from where it was placed. I added Tombow multipurpose glue to the whole apple and adhered the other side of the apple to the first one. They were then taped to the centre fold of the white inner mat and suspended within the centre of the aperture.

I cut some Granny Apple Green panels for the outer mats to make the images pop and then a further one for the centre of the aperture. My measurements for the green panels were 2 pieces 7.5cm by 10.3cm and one piece 14cm by 10.3cm. The latter of which was embossed once again with the Hive folder. I added the centre panel first and then adhered the 2 green panels to the outer edges of the long white mat then adhered those 2 green mats to the inside of the card.

I finished off by adding the other apples and a sentiment from a Saleabration stamp set called Hippest Hippos. I'm sure you have seen the gorgeous cards that Cary has made using them. 








 Well, that's it from me this very hot week. Thank you so very much for stopping by to see what I had made. Please take care and make some cards yourself to give and or send to some loved ones. I love to receive hand crafted cards, they really do cheer me every time I get one. I hope that mine cheer others up too. 

Cary will be back next week with some of her creations so please stop by to see.
Until I return the following week, please take care, stay safe and well but most of all, 

KEEP ON CRAFTING!  

😍 xxx Gill xxx 😍


 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment