Wednesday 20 July 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Bottled Happiness

 Today's card is an unusual size for me to use. Here in the Uk we call it a DL card. It measures 9.9cm x 21cm when folded. Sometimes they're xalled slimline cards. Usually used for business purposes I chose it as I wanted a lot of space for my bottles!! I wanted to use the Vintage bottle punch as the key feature. 

Vintage bottle punch stampin up


This punch does of course coordinate with the fab Bottled Happiness stamps but I wanted to showcase it in todays watercolour card. 

To start I cut my card base as above from a piece of basic white A4 cardstock. I did this by placing the cardstock into my trimmer in a landscape orientation,  with the long side running left to right.  I  then put the left hand edge at the 9.9cm mark and cut. After removing the cut panel I slid the remaining 2/3rds of the card across to the 9.9cm mark and scored the card. This created my card base and a mat for the front.

I then took the mat and trimmed of 1cm from both the long and short edges. I then used this to create my watercolour background.  For this I used a cellophane bag, water spritzer and a blue waterbased ink pad .

I added ink to the cellophane bag by dabbing the ink pad directly onto it. Next I spritzed it liberally with water. Then I took  the white cardstock mat and laid it onto the wet ink. I moved the mat around until the ink was all used. I then dried the mat and repeated the process to add more depth and tone to the background . 

Whilst waiting for the background to finish drying I punched out 6 bottles from white cardstock.   I know I usually swear hy using odd number for embellishments etc but for this card 6 was just right ✅ 

I decided to use white bottles because I wanted to use a fun new embellishment called Effervescent Elements. These are 2300 mixed sized little iridescent balls... so so pretty 😍 

Effervescent elements stampin up

I'm  a sucker for iridescent anything so these were definitely for me! I used multipurpose liquid glue and applied it randomly around the side and bottom of each bottle.  I then poured the elements over them and set them aside to dry. I do suggest you do this in a tray so that the excess can be collected and put back in the tub and you don’t waste any 😉

Bottled Happiness Stampin up watercolour background sode pop card

When they were dry I adhered the bottles to the watercolour mat using 3d foam.  I also heat embossed a sentiment in white onto a vellum tag. 
I then wound some white bakers twine around the bottles and used a smidge or pool party ribbon to attach the tag .

Vintage bottle punch stampin up watercolour background fizzy pop card

A few extra effervescent elements sprinkled around and the card had come together beautifully.  I mounted the mat onto the dl card base with both doubleside extra strong tape and liquid adhesive to make sure it stayed put! The elements do add a bit of weight to the card so I would recommend a nice mat on the inside too.

Bottled Happiness Stampin up watercolour fizzy pop card

I love this watery fizzy pop card so much fun 😄 


No comments:

Post a Comment