Tuesday 19 July 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Bottled Happiness

 Today is even hotter than yesterday.. or the weather man says it will be.!!! So running around isn't on the agenda... so I'll be sat next to my fan crafting 😁 and drinking plenty  of water! And the odd cheeky ice lolly 😉 Today's card features  the bottles and the flowers from the Bottled Happiness and incorporates the subtle shades of blue called pool party and balmy blue from yesterday's card with the addition of a pretty shade of lilac called highland heather.

Bottled Happiness Stampin up pretty gentle card

The background was created by using the 2 step floral stamps. I used the more turquoise blue, pool party for the leaves and flower centers. The flowers and petals were stamped in the lilac colour. 

Top tip when stamping randomly with a 2 step stamp position your stamps in the same orientation on seperate blocks. With  a key feature in the same position on both. Then stamp the flowers, step 1, once then immediately followed by the leaves,  step 2. If you try and do all over the background with step 1 randomly you'll get in a bit of a puckle with step 2.... ask me how I know 😉

Bottled Happiness Stampin up gentle pretty card

For the focal point I stamped one bottle directly onto a piece of white cardstock.  I then stamped another large bottle onto scrap paper and used the coordinating Vintage bottle punch to cut it out. I did then stamp and fussy cut out the tubby bottle.


A little twine wrapped around the neck of the tubby bottle and a few sparkley gems and my card was complete... on the out side!! 

Bottled Happiness Stampin up gentle soft card

For the inside I stamped the bottles randomly along the lower edge of a white mat. I love how this turned out especially how the colours layer so well over each other. 

Well that's all for today please join me tomorrow for for a watercolour inspired Bottled Happiness card.

Bottled Happiness Stampin up simple gentle card


No comments:

Post a Comment