Wednesday 6 July 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Sale-A-Bration

 Today is watercolour Wednesday so my card should include watercolour yes? Muhhhhm maybe 🤔 Today I'm using water and colour for sure but not watercolour! What I'll be sharing is a project using a beautiful stamp set called Wonderful World from the July and August Sale-A-Bration. The stamp set comes with beautiful pattern papers too!!

Wonderful world stampin up watercolour card

These beautiful florals are simply stunning! I love the colours especially. They coordinate so well with the stamps!

It's the stamps that I'm using today in a fun way with water and colour.

To start with I'll be using a piece of watercolour paper and a piece of basic white cardstock.  Next I took the watercolour paper and blended 2 shades of purple ink all over. I made sure that I had plenty of ink blended and the paper was covered well.

Now the fun began. With a water spritzer and kitchen paper to hand I chose which stamp I was going to use and popped it on an acrylic block. 

Spritz the stamp with water , a good coverage is best. Then stamp it onto the watercolour paper. Remove it and stamp the stamp onto the white cardstock.  Use the kitchen roll to dab the watercolour paper to pick up the water. 

Now repeat as much as you want . This is a fun technique that is a real 2 for 1 😃

Wonderful World stampin up fun watercolour technique card

Wonderful World stampin up fun watercolour technique card

The rest is easy a little pattern paper and a sentiment along with a few embellishments and I was done.

Wonderful World stampin up easy watercolour technique card

Wonderful World stampin up simple watercolour technique card

I really enjoyed this water colour technique and would highly recommend having a go!!

4 comments:

  1. How did you blend two shades of color onto the watercolor paper? With a blending brush and ink pad? Do you at some point wet the paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, yes I did blend using blending brushes and ink pads. I used dry watercolour paper and the only water is that which I spritzed onto the stamp. The wet stamp picks up the colour from the watercolour paper which is then transferred onto the white cardstock. Remember to use dry kitchen towel to blot the watercolour paper between stamping and clean the stamp between each use. Hope that helps. Have fun Cary x

      Delete
  2. Was the watercolor paper that you painted with blending brushes still wet or partially wet or completely dry before you lifted color off of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The watercolour paper was dry when i used the blending brushes and remained dry . The only water I used was when I spritzed it onto the stamp. Once I'd taken the stamp of the watercolour paper I then blotted the paper to lift more ink and keep the paper dry. I then stamped the stamp on to basic white cardstock.
      I hope that helps. 🙂

      Delete