Tuesday 26 July 2022

Technique Tuesday - Cottage Rose

Today's card is one that I've never attempted before and don't know why because I really enjoyed making it. Using the Cottage Rose stamp set I stamped the sentiment for a Happy Birthday. I then took hold of the most amazing, stunning papers that coordinate with the stamp set. They are called Abigail Rose. They are in some of the colours that I would rarely or even if at all use, they are Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Petal Pink and Very Vanilla. Yes, I do use the Basic Black and Petal Pink but definitely not Crumb Cake! Cary loves it and I must admit that the cards she makes are stunning but I just can't get my head around it! Stupid really, aren't I? 

I started by choosing a piece of DSP and started to fussy cut it out. Now if you saw yesterday's post, I mentioned that I have carpal in my right hand. I had steroid injections in it a week ago which I am hoping will help. Only time will tell! I had to ask my asking my grand-daughter, Bella for help. She very kindly and sweetly, fussy cut lots of the paper images out for me. She's absolutely great, I love her to bits!  Once it was cut out, I added lots of Dimensionals to the back and placed it onto a piece of Basic Black card. It was at this point I decided to chop it up!  Just into 4 pieces and spread them out across the card. It was that simple. Here are the gorgeous Abigail Rose papers that I fell in love with.

ABIGAIL ROSE 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER




  

No comments:

Post a Comment