Thursday 7 July 2022

Throwback Thursday Sale-A-Bration

 Today I'm revisiting an old favourite... Fussy cutting! I know its a bit of a marmite thing... you either love it or hate it!! But both Gill and I love it 😀. So what will I fussy cut 🤔 well as I'm sharing inspiration with the July and August Sale-A-Bration offering I thought what better way to show how useful pattern paper it!! I chose to use the gorgeous Rings of love paper as my starting point. 

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card

These papers coordinate with items from the July to December mini catalogue and many others from the annual catalogue.  But I feel they are stand alone and can be mixed with so many themes and celebrations. 

The patterns I chose were the mandala and the houses one. I was inspired by a card created by one of the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design team and just love the gentle colour palette. 

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card

Are the colours just beautiful?  Gentle and subtle blues and greens. They make for an elegant colour palette. 

To start my card I fussy cut one of the mandala that was printed along the edge of the paper, wast not want not after all!! Next I decided which house to ise and cut some of the trees and a small bush as well.

I wanted the edges of the mandala to not stand out too much on my white mat so took a blending brush and the same shade of green ink, mint macaroon is it's name, and added a gentle blended patch. The blended patch extended beyond the area where the fussy cut paper was going and gently faded outwards . 

To add a little extra to the mat I took an alcohol marker in the same colour and spattered all around.

Next I adhered the mandala flat and added the house and trees with 3d foam. I created the sentiment for the card by stamping and cutting up various phrases to create my own from the Amazing Phrasing stamp set that is also an exclusive Sale-A-Bration offering. 

Amazing Phrasing stampin up split sentiment idea


Once I'd stamped and cut my sentiment I took my blending brush that I'd used to create the background and gently applied a little colour arounf the edges. This ensures that the cut edges aren't quite so harsh against the background. 

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card

I think this card would work well for a leaving card or a moving away card. 
The dimension that placing the house and trees on 3d foam give helps to make sure they don't just meld into the background. 

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card

All in all this card came together quickly and easily. The fussy cutting wasn't hard as there weren't any intricate bits 😉

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card

So my top tip is sometimes let the paper do the talking!!!

Rings of love stampin up pattern paper fussy cutting miss you card


No comments:

Post a Comment