Wednesday 13 July 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Apple Harvest

Another hot day for us here again today and it's only 6am! Mustn't grumble as it'll be gone before we know it sadly. Using the Apple Harvest stamps today I have been playing with making backgrounds. Have I had fun! I tried lots of different ways to get the effect I wanted for this project and eventually after 4 attempts, I made it thankfully. I soaked the back and front of some watercolour paper and while that was absorbing the water, I took a cello bag and swiped 3 inkpads across it. I used the gorgeous soft purple of Highland Heather, the bright yellow of Daffodil Delight and the blueish green of Coastal Cabana then spritzed the whole lots really well. 

I didn't want the colour to travel into each other too much so I just lifted it after a few moments. However, as the colours were quite soft, I spritzed some more water over the watercolour paper and gently touched the tip of the ink refils onto the very wet paper and brushed the colour to and fro'. I left it to the side to dry before stamping the larger bunches of apples onto it. Though I have used the Blends pens in the dark red of Cherry Cobbler and they now resemble cherries to me. Cherries or apples, I don't mind as I'm rather pleased with the outcome.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment