Friday 29 July 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Cottage Rose and Abigail Rose DSP

Well, here we are and it's Friday already. Where does time fly to?  For my last card this week with the Cottage Rose stamp set and the Abigail Rose Designer Series Papers, I made a 6" square card. I have used one of the colours I very rarely use and that is Early Espresso. I have no idea why I don't use it more but I have now. Anyway, I also have used Very Vanilla card too, I think it softens the brown really well. 

Using the Early Espresso, I cut a card base in metric at 14.85cm by 14.85cm which is almost 6". I then cut 4 mats in Very Vanilla at 14.4cm by 14.4cm. Just a smidge smaller than the card base. I embossed 3 of them using a New embossing Folder called Painted Posies, it leaves a really deep impression across it. 


I then cut 4 mats 7cm by 7cm and 4 Very Vanilla mats at 6.6cm by 6.6cm. I embossed all 4 of these mats using the same folder. The strip of card that was cut for the card base from a sheet of A4, was trimmed to 5.5cm by 29.2cm. This was fold in half and then in half again. This gave 4 equal sized folds in the strip. Using the Very Vanilla card panels, I adhered the 3 large embossed panels to the front and inside of the card base and the 4 smaller panels to the 4 smaller Espresso mats. 

I decided to used 2 different papers for the decorating, a simple one for the front and the brown images for the inside. I left it quite plain from there as I liked the simplicity of the monochromatic effect. A few gems from the Champagne Rhinestones to decorate the front and inside, then some sentiments to finish the decorating. I added the last of the large panels to the rear of the card to be written on. I added some stamped images of the triple flower sets and another sentiment to complete this card and added the panel to the back of the card.


Well I hope you have found something to inspire you to make some cards this week, I have had fun making them. I cannot thank Bella my grand-daughter enough for all of the fussy cutting that she has helped me with too. She is a star. 
Cary will be back on Monday once again, so please stop by to see what she will be creating. 

Until I return, as always, stay safe, keep well but most of all 
 

KEEP ON CRAFTING. 

 
Thank you, 
😍  xxx  Gill  xxx  😍


No comments:

Post a Comment