Tuesday 12 July 2022

Technique Tuesday - Apple Harvest

Well, the heat is still here and we,ve been forecast for the first time ever, an amber alert for excessive heat on Sunday coming. That is the possibilty of us coping with 40 degrees of sun and heat! WOW!! It's going to be hot! Today's project is one that I often use but with a twist. Using the Apple Harvest stamp set, I used a cello bag and added a few drops of each of the 3 different colours ink refills. I used a gorgeous fresh and bright green of Granny Apple Green, a really bright red of Poppy Parade and a rich, unctuous yellow of Mango Melody. Then I spritzed the ink and cello bag with lots of cold water. I laid the C6 white mat onto the inks and left it there for a few minutes while it soaked the colour up.

Once it was dry and I had cleaned up, I stamped the apples several times all over the mat. Just for a change, my next move was fussy cutting them all out! I embossed a soft blue mat in Balmy Blue card and also a scrap of white card using the lovely Thanks and Hello embossing folder duo set. I embossed the Thanks folder on both and with the white, I gently dragged the ink pad in Balmy Blue across it in different directions just to colour the word Thanks only. Then I fussy cut all around it.






No comments:

Post a Comment