Friday 16 September 2022

Fun fold Friday Yeti to Party Perfect Partners

 Today's sample was inspired by a card in the mini catalogue. In fact it was this card that sold me on the Yeti to Party stamp in the first place! The dies just happened to be a great added bonus. So what was it that attracted me, besides the uber cute yeti of course, ? Well for me I'm  very influenced by colour. I just love the colour palette of this sample in the July to December mini catalogue.

Yeti to party stampin up perfect partners center stepper fun fold

So I took the colour inspiration from this card and went to town with the mountains! In fact I ended up stamping, colouring and die cutting 19 of them 😱. And no it wasn't a hardship because I love colouring especially when I can use alcohol markers that allow me to create ombre effects!!

Yeti to party stampin up perfect partners center stepper fun fold

So once I'd stamped, coloured and die cut all the elments for my card I set to work creating the card base.

I started with a piece of card measuring 10.5cm x 29.7cm.  I marked it at 2.5cm in and up on both sides. I then marked it at 2.5cm in at 18cm. Next I cut between the two marks on each side.

 Then it was time to do the scoring. I scored each side at 2.5cm , 4.5cm and 17cm upto the cut line. I scored between the cut lines at 14.85cm. The first score line is folded as a mountain fold the second as a valley one and then the third as a mountain. The center fold is also a mountain fold.

Yeti to party stampin up perfect partners center stepper fun fold

If you prefer imperial measurements or use US size card stock theree are plenty of tutorials to be found out there 😉 

Once the card base was made it was great fun to decorate using all the elements I'd already made. One additional thing I did was to add white mats that I embossed using a 3d embossing folder called Timber.


I think that in real life using  an embossing folder when layering same colour cardstock onto each other creates a great effect. Sadly it doesn't photograph so well for me .


Yeti to party stampin up perfect partners center stepper fun fold

I hope you've enjoyed this weeks inspiration using the uber cute Yeti to Party bundle. Don't forget if you'dike to purchase the bundle , or the dies if you already own the stamps, then you need to order before the end of the Perfect Partners promotion on the 30th September 2022!!!

Yeti to party stampin up perfect partners center stepper fun fold

Next week Gill will be sharing her talents with us all here so please remember to pop by and join me in seeing what inspiration she shares. 

Have a wonderful weekend hopefully full of crafting and laughter. 

Have fun 

Cary xx

Yeti to party stampin up perfect partners center stepper fun fold




No comments:

Post a Comment