Wednesday 28 September 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Perched in a Tree bundle

My card for today is again using the Perched in a Tree bundle because it's just so gorgeous 😍. 

Perched in a tree silver foil stampin up winter Christmas card


I knew I wanted to make a Christmas card that would also work as a winter card for those who don't celebrate Christmas.  I  do this because I live in a multicultural town and have neighbours of different faiths who I like to give cards too at Christmas time. 
Now it was time to decide upon a colour palette. 

Silver or gold? What is your go to metallic for Christmas cards?  Me it's  all about what coloir you're putting it with.  So the decision was made once I'd  created my watercolour panel in shades of blue.... it had to be silver!

I used the stunning brushed silver foil paper from the   Silver foil pack.

Perched in a tree silver foil stampin up winter Christmas card

I created a watercolour panel by wetting the watercolour paper with a spritzer filled with water.  I then added drops  or reinker in 3 shades of blue, a light, a mid and a dark shades, onto and acrylic block and dropped a very small amount of water into each. I  wanted the ink to be very fluid 
I then took my waterpainter and dripped the lightest shade of blue called tahitian tide onto the wet panel. I then did the same with the mid tone, pacific point, and the dark tone, starry sky. 
By keeping the paper and ink wet it allows the colours to run across the paper to create beautiful unique backgrounds . I dried this layer then added more ink and water where I felt it needed it.
Once the panel was dried I used the lead dies from the bundle on bothe the panel and thw silver paper. This created the beautiful focal points for my card.

Perched in a tree silver foil stampin up watercolour winter Christmas card

I used a white card base which I stamped all over with the speckle stamp in tahitian tide, the light blue ink, using both first and second impressions to give a subtle colour. 
I then took a panel of cardstock in the dark blue, starry sky,  and die cut the tree silhouette.  I then adhered this with 3d foam to the card base.
Next it was time to stamp my sentiment in silver and mount it onto a piece of silver. I also die cut the single tree branch in the dark blue cardstock. 

Perched in a tree silver foil stampin up watercolour Christmas card

Placing the die cut leaves along the branch was done randomly until I was happy with the results. 
All in all I'm  really please with the way my Christmas/  Winter card came together. I did wonder if blue was the right colour for the leaves but I love them!  What about you? Are they your cup of tea? Or are you more of a traditional colour leaf person?

Perched in a tree silver foil stampin up watercolour winter Christmas card


No comments:

Post a Comment