Tuesday 27 September 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Perched in a Tree

 Ohh boy has it been crazy busy here in my small part of the world!! We've had classes and card and a cuppa and training and.... and the list goes on 🤪 Soooo I've decided to share the card I created for the card and a cuppa session. It uses a stamps and die bumdle that is just gorgeous.  Called Perched in a Tree bundle it's a great set that can be used for all sortes of occasions. 

Perched in a tree bundle stampin up winter Christmas card

I wanted to create a winter card. That for me means lots of white. I used white cardstock and a very subtle layer of the most amazing vellum. The vellum is both flocked and foiled in iridescent.  Called Snowflake vellum and is simply stunning 😍 

Snowflake vellum stampin up winter Christmas card


I chose to use a piece of the white flocked Snowflake vellum to sit behind the die cut trees. The effect is subtle but in real life gives a gorgeous effect.


Perched in a tree bundle stampin up winter Christmas card

I used basic grey to stamp the bird and branch images as grey is softer than black in my eyes. 
I coloured the bird as a British robin. Now I'm no artist and struggle with realistic colouring.  But this time I'm  really rather pleased with the way it turned out .


Perched in a tree bundle stampin up winter Christmas card
 
For sentiment the sentiment I decided to cut the stamped image apart . This allows me to seperate it and spread it over the card front. I also stamped this in basic grey again because of its subtly.
I love the pop of colour the Robin Redbreast gives to this card. He is a symbol to many of missed loved ones as well as a very welcome chirpy chappy in the winter garden.

Perched in a tree bundle stampin up winter Christmas card




No comments:

Post a Comment