Thursday 1 September 2022

Throwback Thursday Amazing Year

 Do you ever make a card and then just keep looking at it . Imagining how you could change it, step it up, improve upon it? Well the sample I made for my post here was one such card.  Again I have used the same Amazing Year stamp set. I've kept the same card base size and layout but stepped it up.

Stepping a card up means to make it a little "more" for me. That could be adding layers,  more bling or creating a fun fold into it. For my sample today I pretty much did all of the above 🤣

I cut a mat  and stamped my parcels using the masking technique.  My mat wasn't as wide as my card base on purpose 🙃 

My card base was the same slimline/ dl size as before. But this time I stamped along the card front at the folded edge. I kept it simple with just black ink as I wanted a nice crisp contrast to my colourful parcels.

Amazing year stampin up stepped up slimline dl birthday card

 I then stamped again in black along the right hand side on the inside of the card base. 

Amazing year stampin up stepped up slimline dl birthday card

Now it was time to add my parcel mat to the card front. I used liquid adhesive as I wanted to create a cut-away edge to the card front. As the parcels are basically straight edges it wasn't difficult.

Amazing year stampin up stepped up slimline dl birthday card

For the sentiment I decided to cut my stamped sentiment into parts . The reason for this was that it's quite wide and would swamp the card.

I then went all out and stamped and fussy cut out all the white ribbons and bows. I then adhered them using 3d foam. This added dimension to the card nicely. 

Amazing year stampin up stepped up slimline dl birthday card

So my final sample is a lot different but at the same time just the same! I would highly recomend having a go at stepping up a card you've already made. Infact you could also step down a card you've already made.... that would be a fun challenge for sure!

Amazing year stampin up stepped up slimline dl birthday card



No comments:

Post a Comment