Friday 14 May 2021

Fun fold Friday Hand-Penned Suite

 Wow this week has gone by sooo fast!! I've loved playing with all the products in the Hand-Penned Suite. But for my last project of the week I had to use the beautiful dies that coordinate to the suite called Penned Flower dies. They not only cut out the stamped images but there are also some delicate floral one which really caught my eye.

Hand-Penned suite hand penned flowers dies Stampin up

For the  fun fold for today I've gone super simple. Take a sheet of cardstock and divide it into 3. So for a UK that would be a standard A4 , 21cm x 29.7cm, scored at 9.9cm in from each end of the long side. You are then going to fold the right hand panel in to cover the center panel. Top tip trim a millimetre or two from the right hand edge so that as you fold it in it lies fractionally to the right of the scoreline . Now fold the left hand panel over and reinforce all the score lines and you card base is complete.

I decided to decorate 3 layers of my project using just white card and the gorgeous delicate dies. I cut out lots of die cuts in white card . 

My card layers were cut to be fractionally smaller than the panels of the card bases. I started by covering 1 entire mat with multiple die cuts of the large floral die.  I love the effect white on white gives and with this die it reminded me of beautiful lace fabric.

Penned flowers dies Hand-Penned suite Stampin up die cutting lace effect

For the second panel I stamped a sentiment in a light grey colour on a strip of cardstock.  I then added a scalloped edge to the banner. Then I arraged some of the die cut flowers and leaves behind the sentiment strip and adhered it to the centre of the panel.

Penned flowers dies Stampin up

The final panel has the white floral die cuts placed top and bottom. Then the sentiment is stamped onto a strip of card that I wrapped around the panel in the middle of the panel and secured on the back.

Hand-Penned suite Penned flowers dies Stampin up


I placed the final panel on the front of the card base with a length of white ribbon placed behind it. I use the ribbon to act as the closure for the card.

Simple fun fold card DL size

I placed the first fully covered panel on the uppermost right hand side of the card base .


Easy fun fold die cut floral lace effect



Next I decided to add a few subtle splashes of colour. I achived this by incorporating both stamped and coloured images and pattern paper. 
On the inside left panel I trimmed 2 strips of complimentary paper and adhered them to the outside edge.  I the stamped, coloure and die cut ot one of the large floral images from the Hand-Penned bundle 
Hand-Penned suite Stampin Up

I repeated the idea with the paper and floral images on the inside of the right hand panel of the card base. 
Hand-Penned suite easy fun fold Stampin up


The second white panel is placed on the center panel of the card base. It is flanked on either side by the pops of colour.which lead the eye to the center.

I have really enjoyed this week and hope that I have inspired you to craft in some way, shape or form.
If you've like the products I've  used and live in the Uk we'd  love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  You can purchase all the products used through our shop Here.
If you're interested in joining our creative community by becoming a demonstrator yourself and experiencing all that our wonderful Larger Than Life Stampers community has to offer please leave us a comment or click to Join
Next week please join me to see what inspiration Gill will be sharing with us. 
Have a great weekend, stay safe and have fun.
Cary xx



No comments:

Post a Comment