Wednesday 19 May 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Art Gallery

Hello again, I know I keep going on about the weather here but it is so up and down eveery day but today was an up day. The sun was shining and it was lovely and warm...until the thunderstorm! Thankfully, only a short hail storm. After that it's been lovely just crafting. Once again I am using the Art Gallery stamp set from Stampin' Up! and today's card I had some really good fun! Using a piece of water colour paper, I stamped the main flower in Versamark ink, then poured white embossing powder before heat setting it. Then I went mad with the colours and my waterbrush! I started with the soft shade of lilac using Fresh Freesia ink pad. I soaked the paper and generously brushed across the lilac. I didn't let it stay for long as I soaked it up using kitchen roll throughout. Then the lovely soft green of Soft Succulent ink. I only used a little of this keeping most of the green close to the edges of the flowers. Then finally, the gorgeous pink of Polished Pink ink pad. I started with a large brush and spread the colour across then added more detail within the flowers using a fine brush. I constantly dried the colour up as I went as I didn't want it to be too strong. 

 

 I wanted the paper to stand out so I matted it onto a piece of the Evening Evergreen card. The green is a really gorgeous dark alpine green and I think I succeeded in making it pop and stand out.

A strip of the gorgeous In Colour Ribbon in the Polished Pink and a bow, I think highlight the colours on the card.



A simple message for the front and inside completes this one.  What's the chance of my enjoying the rest of the sunny day? NIL! The tree surgeons turned up to attend to the trees in the meadow at the back of our garden. Fascinating watching them though!

4 comments: