Wednesday 5 May 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Butterfly Brilliance

 

Welcome back to a really very blustery night in the UK. The wind is howling outside and I'm toasty and warm inside! Perfection!! Today's card that I made using the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set is a very simple one colour wise. I love monochrome cards and  have used just white and Granny Apple Green, which is a lovely, fresh and bright green. My new favourite green! I started with a tent fold card base and added a lovely green mat to it. I then die cut 4 lots of butterflies using the matching set of dies that go with the stamp set called Brilliant Wings. The set of dies has 12 dies in and 6 of them are very dainty,  almost like filigree.You know that dainty effect you get with a beautiful die? Well that's what I love about them. I took 5 of the dies and cut them out of Basic White card stock then glued them to another white card mat. I die cut an oval in the gorgeous green and a smaller one in white. The latter of which I stamped the message onto.

If you saw yesterday's post, you will know that I used the baby wipe technique for the card. I re-used it again today but added Balmy Blue (a very soft blue) and Granny Apple Green ink refills.  I added a few drops of each to the yellows and pinks from yesterday. I know it's not exactly watercolouring but pretty close to it. I then stamped the butterflies onto the baby wipes and then onto white card. I could have die cut them out but chose to fussy cut them. They were added onto some of the filigree die cuts and a vellum die cut before being glued in the positions on the card mat.  I love that all of the butterflies are individual from where the stamp picked up the ink. The three layers of butterflies on each one add to the overall dimension of the card. For more information on the stamp set or dies, please click HERE It will open up a new page so that you don't lose your place here.

stampin up brilliant butterflies 2 big girls crafting brilliant wings dies basic white grannyappple green monochrome card





 

No comments:

Post a Comment