Tuesday 4 May 2021

Technique Tuesday - Butterfly Brilliance

 This week I am using theses gorgeous stamps that have the most beautiful butterflies. Without any fibs, I am having a ball with the Butterfly Brilliance stamp! I have always liked butterfly stamp sets anyway but I love the fact that all 6 are on the one stamp. As I said yesterday, I was rather decadent. I bought a second set too! The reason is that I wanted to make my life easier and I cut up the first one which gave me all 6 individual butterflies!!

Anyway, the card today I used a piece of the Butterfly Bijou 6" x 6" double sided paper that was available when the stamps were first issued. The papers have butterflies all over the one side then simple patterns including an ombre design on the reverse. Simply gorgeous! I stamped the whole stamp again onto a white mat using Gray Granite ink. It's a medium gray so not as light as yesterday's but not as dark as Basic Gray which is very dark. I cut the mat in half down the length of it and trimmed it shorter too. 

Today's technique is the babywipe technique. I used 3 baby wipes and placed them into an empty stamp case. I used Ink Refills in So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo. Normally, using this technique I would tap the stamps onto the inked up baby wipes and use it as an ink pad. This time I used a dry paint brush and mixed ink from the wipes and brushed it over the butterfly that I chose to colour. Each time I picked up the ink, it changed the colours on the butterfly. I'm really pleased with how it came out too. I then mounted the mat onto Pacific Point card using 3D foam (Dimensionals). A simple message from the Butterfly Wishes stamp set and it is complete.

Butterfly Brilliance Stampin Up 2 Big Girls Crafting Babywipe technique Technique Tuesday Gray Granite Pacific Point




 

No comments:

Post a Comment