Thursday 6 May 2021

Throwback Thuresday - Butterfly Brilliance

Hello, today I've taken myself way back to about 6 years ago. I decided to make a gift for my friend Lynn who had practically everything she wanted? It was of course a box of cards for her to give to her friends and family. She was always asking for cards throughout the year so I decided that this would help her. She was so delighted with them that she asked me to make more sets every few months! I haven't made them for a while as she passed away on my birthday a few years ago. On a happier note, I know that she would be chuffed that I made these in her memory especially as she loves butterflies and would love this Butterfly Brilliance set too. For more information on the stamp set and other products, please click HERE it will open up a new page so that you don't lose your place here.

So today I have made a collection of 5 cards with envelopes and I know who I will be sending these to too! I have another friend Judie who has been asking me so often to make custom cards for her. This set will be going in the post to her over the weekend along with the other group of cards that I have almost completed for her. They will arrive in a clear Acetate card box which I added some butterfly paper and a message.

I made the designs very simple and similar to each other but using a different coloured mat. For this I stamped the set of 6 butterflies using my Stamparatus stamping tool. It takes the large stamp and inks up so well. If I didn't put enough pressure on one part, I just close the lid again and press over the missing image. It's very clever. Following on from the stamping, I then took the piece of card, added the large die and cut all 6 of the butterflies out in one hit! That is so brilliant!

 
All 5 cards 
 
 
Here is a picture of the complete set in the Acetate box ready to go.



     

Daffodil Delight




   
Soft Sea Foam





Flirty Flamingo




Balmy Blue


 
Gray Granite





No comments:

Post a Comment