Thursday 13 May 2021

Throwback Thursday Hand-Penned Petals

 Do you ever stop and think why don't I do that anymore 🤔 well that's just what happened when I finished today's project. I had stamped the beautiful floral image from the Hand-Penned Petals  all over a piece of white cardstock and then sat there and thought how to colour it in 🤔 

I love using my alcohol markers and I'm very partial to using my water painter and inks. But for some reason on this occasion I found my blender pen and watercolour pencils. Now the blender pen I'm talking about isn't one for use with alcohol markers. It is a set of 3 pens found in the Stampin' Up!  Annual catalogue here that turn your waterbased ink pads into marker pens. 

The other great way to use the blender pens is with watercolour pencils.  You have a great deal of control over how the colour spreads as there is very little liquid. You can also increase the intensity of thw colour by layering it up . 

It also allows you to blend the colours out to a really smooth finish.


Hand-Penned Petals Stampin Up watercolour pencils blender pen

Now I am happy for there to be white spaces in and around my stamped images but the blender pen and watercolour pencil technique is great for people who like things to be perfect and just so 😉

Once I'd finished a happy 20 minutes of colouring in I was ready to use the piece on a card. I decided that I wanted to incorporate a frame into my project so used some dies ro create one in white card to reflect the card base and to keep it light and airy. 

I like the scalloped edges of the frame and used a die to create a scalloped sentiments strip. I adhered the sentiment down flat to the background and popped the frame up on 3D foam to give the piece some depth.

Hand-Penned Petals Stampin Up watercolour pencils


I then decorated the inside of the card. I stamped the same floral image all around the inside of the card in black ink. I then took a die cut stitched rectangle and placed it ontop.



Hand-Penned Petals Stampin Up

All in all I enjoyed going back to using tools and techniques that I haven't used in a very long time. Maybe we should all take a little time to go back to some of those tools and techniques we used yesteryear 😉

Hand-Penned Petals Stampin Up


6 comments:

  1. So pretty, I'm definitely going to give this a go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and please do have a go 😊

      Delete
  2. I just found your card on Pinterest. I have never used my water colour pencils on a card but this is so pretty that I am going to give it a try. And I just love your idea for the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 please do have a go and share your creations with us all xx

      Delete