Friday 10 September 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Seasons of Fun

 Hello again, this week I have been playing with one of the Host stamp sets called Seasons Of Fun and another one called In Your Words. Both of these can be earned for FREE by holding a workshop, class or party with a demonstrator. This can be virtually or in person depending on how you and your guests prefer. I really have had fun this week as these stamps are the same type of materials as all of the others in the catalogues but are so unusual hence the reason why I have combined the 2 sets for my projects this week. 

Today's card is obviously a fun fold card and I really have had fun with it. I cut a piece of A4 card, at 14.85cm in portrait style. I scored the piece at 3.5cm, 7cm, 10.5cm, 14cm and 28.85cm along the widest part of the card. I started with Cherry Cobbler but then decided to use Blackberry Bliss too. They are both really gorgeous rich darkish reds and really lovely to use. The left hand side of the card has the 'accordion fold' and the whole square on the right hand side. As you will see from my cards, there is another smaller 'card' on the front folds. This is for the sentiment or more images and an extra feature. This panel is 14.6cm by 9cm high, it is scored in half along the 14.6cm side at 7.3cm

I used some of the paper from the Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Papers. the lovely rich colours are gorgeous. See below. Some of them have gold foiled patterns going through the design. Just gorgeous.


The papers were very narrow strip of 3.2cm by 14.5cm. Only 2 pieces for each card. Obviously, more can be used but I rather like the simplicity of the white mats on the alternative accordion folds. I stamped a few of the little trees on the cart and coloured them in using the Stampin' Blends and added the messages and stars after. I just love the images in this stamp set, they are just so very cute. I die cut some Gold trees using the Christmas Trees die set and Gold Foiled Card. 2 were cut from the front of the card and the other 2 from behind. The reason for this is to ensure that the trees match up perfectly when stuck together. I wanted the child's hand to show that they were holding it so that it could overlap the message on the inside of the card. It worked, fortunately! Once die cut, I embossed the star using the Evergreen embossing folder. It has added the right amount of texture to the trees too.


Here is the Blackberry Bliss card. The colour is so rich and deep...it's gorgeous!






Here is the Cherry Cobbler version, a much softer red than Blackberry Bliss version above. 





The 'aerial view' or from above to show how the card is folded. 

For more information on the products that I have used this week, please click HERE. It will open up on a new page for you.   

Thank you so very much for joining me this week, I have had great fun once again and hope that you may have been inspired to make cards for yourself or to give or send to loved ones. 

Who ever you make card for, I know that they will always be really very well appreciated as YOU made them especially for them. To me, that makes all the difference.

Cary will be back on Monday to show you some more of her creations so if you can, please stop by to see what she will be making.

Until I return in just over a week, please take care, stay safe and KEEP ON CRAFTING xxxxx

Gill xx :)








4 comments: