Monday 27 September 2021

Make it Simple Monday Be Jolly

 Wow what a weekend was that??? We held an all day class on Saturday,  our monthly Christmas Craft-a-long and I attended an all day training session on Sunday!!! So I'm  all zoomed out and grateful that today's Make it Simple Monday here at 2 Big Girls Crafting. So as always we'll start the weeks inspiration with some #simplestamping projects. But the best thing about today is that I get to share with you a fun cute Christmas stamp set called Be Jolly 

Be jolly stampin up simple stamping easy card making

These cute line drawn images are perfect for colouring with all types of colouring tools . For today's inspiration I've chosen to use watercolour pencils.  Watercolour pencils have a nice creaminess to them that makes colouring with them a real treat. To help smooth out the colour I've used a blender pen rather than a water painter as it's less messy 😉

So I started by creating 4 A6 card bases in basic white thick card.  I then cut 4 mats each 10cm x 14.4cm. Next I stamped the images, one per mat, in black ink.

Then the fun began the colouring in!! Do you find colouring soothing? I believe that all crafting is good for our mental health.  It is a great way to promote mindfulness.  And allowing ourselves to let our creative side out is good for us all!

Sooo back to the colouring after colouring all 4 images I used a light blue colour to go around the images to help create the illusion that they are grounded on the page. It also helps the image to pop off the page too.

Be jolly Stampin up easy Christmas cards simple stamping

Be jolly Stampin Up simple stamping easy card making

Whilst the first 2 cards are traditional Santa's, the second 2 images are a fun Christmas tree with a star on top...

Be jolly Stampin up easy Christmas card simple stamping

...and a cute sled with parcels. I topped the parcels with the bird image and coloured him as a Robin redbreast a traditional Christmas image here in the UK. 

Be jolly Stampin up easy Christmas card simple stamping

The fun cards are both traditional and contemporary at the same time. The images are traditional subjects but the designs have a contemporary twist which I like a lot.

As always on a Monday I shall be doing a Facebook Live at 4pm BST over on our page and would love to have you join us. If you can't I'll  post a link to it here once I've been live. 

Be jolly Stampin up easy Christmas card simple stamping


No comments:

Post a Comment