Tuesday 28 September 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Be Jolly

 Twinkle,  twinkle little star 🌟 .... and that is what inspired today's card πŸ˜… My 2 year old niece is a real performer singing, dancing, making everyone laugh. She's  a real cutie pie! She loves to sing baa baa 'heep and winkle, winkle  and for some reason her singing jumped into my mind as I looked at the Be Jolly stamp set and inspired today's card.

As it's  Tips,  Tricks and Techniques Tuesday  here at 2 Big Girls Crafting I have used a very popular technique called embossed resist.  This technique is where you stamp your image in versamark and use embossing powder which you heat set to create a resistant image. You then apply colour over the top with waterbased ink which colours the cardstock but rubs off the stamped image.

Well usually I do the embossed resist technique onto white or vanilla cardstock and then add colour by blending or watercolouring over it.  But my tip today is for speed you can create your resist onto coloured cardstock!

I started with a vibrant blue coloured cardstock mat called Pacific Point. I stamped the star image in versamark all over the mat and then heat embossed them with silver embossing powder.  I then took a darker shade of blue ink called Night of Navy and blended from the edges inwards. 

Make sure you have a soft tissue to hand to gently buff the colour off the embossed parts. I also find that a little gentle huffing over the embossed areas before buffing helps 

Once I was happy with the ink blending I decided to splater Wink of stella which sadly doesn't show up too well in my photos but in real life adds a real sparkle to the project.

Be jolly Stampin up wink of stella embossing resist

I then I stamped, coloured and fussy cut out one of the Santa's from the stamp set. Added a simple sentiment and mat and layered my blended background and the front of the card was complete.

The inside of the card has a sentiment from another fun stamp set called Holly Jolly Wishes

Holly jolly wishes Stampin up embossing resist technique

I also did a little blending on a corner in the lovely night of navy ink. I  then stamped, coloured and fussy cut out 3 of the stars and adhered them to add a little something to the inside of my card.

Be jolly holly jolly wishes Stampin Up embossing resist technique

With thw inside mat adhered to the bright blue card base I then adhered the front piece to the card base and was happy with the end result. 

Be jolly Stampin up embossed resist technique

I love the combination of a slightly more grown up background with a cute image it will be pefect to send to my niece Rya for Christmas this year.

Have you started your Christmas cards yet? I have now πŸ˜‰ 

Be jolly Stampin up embossed resist


No comments:

Post a Comment